Update – October 15, 2017 6:20 PM
SANTA ROSA, CA. – All Oakmont Senior Living residents are accounted for, safe, and settling into new living arrangements after wildfires forced evacuation of our four Assisted Living and Memory Care communities in Santa Rosa. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our residents and to reassure their families. We are proud of how well our staff, neighbors, residents’ families and authorities worked together to simultaneously evacuate the four communities. We are now assessing when the communities can be repaired or rebuilt so that our family of residents can return.
* For residents, family members and loved ones: (707) 353-5052;
* Housing and Care Placement Services: (877) 896-9249;
* For all Oakmont employees: (707) 584-6217.
* If you need to reach us directly, please call (707) 353-5052 and leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Donations of help
In response to the many requests and generous offers we received, we set up donation pages for the Oakmont of Villa Capri residents and Oakmont Employees who lost their home and all of their belongings due to the wildfires:
Our two evacuation sites are also taking donations of clothes and supplies for our residents. If you are interested in donating, please call our Oakmont of Montecito Community in the East Bay at (925) 692-5838
Evacuation orders remain in effect
Absolutely NO entry until evacuation zones are lifted. Those trying to enter will be turned away by law enforcement. Our Oakmont Community will remain closed until it is fully safe to reopen. However, if you need access to urgent personal items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we can do our best to help you retrieve those items.
Communities evacuated and relocated
1. Varenna, 1401 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (163 units);
2. Fountaingrove Lodge, 4210 Thomas Lake Harris Drive (70 units);
3. The Terraces, 4200 Thomas Lake Harris Drive (33 units); and
4. Oakmont of Villa Capri, 1397 Fountaingrove Pkwy (63 units).
Status of our communities
· Oakmont of Villa Capri was unfortunately destroyed by the fire. We have reached out to all residents and their families. If you have not yet spoken to our team, please call (877) 896-9249. We have housing and placement options for our residents. We plan to rebuild the Villa Capri community but estimate it could take up to 18 months.
· Varenna sustained damage to the northern end of the property and to one of its casitas. We are assessing the damage and determining a timeline of our reopening.
· At Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces, we anticipate extensive smoke damage. After we can begin restoration, we anticipate reopening both communities in 3-5 weeks.
On October 14, 2017, an email went out to our residents and families of Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces regarding renter’s insurance, personal Items and restoration. If you did not receive this letter please call (858) 935-6089 and leave your insurance information.
If you lived at an evacuated Oakmont community and have a pet that is unaccounted for, please call (585) 208-2497. We have a list and are checking on pets and their safety.
“Our focus continues to be on the care, welfare, and safety of our residents and staff,” said Chris Kasulka, President & CEO of Oakmont Management Group. “We want to thank our staff, residents, and Oakmont families for all of their support during this difficult time.”
This process took an incredible amount of cooperation and partnership between community’s, staff members, residents, families, and local authorities, we are so thankful everyone is safe.