This holiday season, purchase delicious, made from scratch pies and cakes and support a great cause! From November 2nd to December 30th, Oakmont Senior Living residents and their family members and friends can choose from a variety of decadent homemade desserts made by an Oakmont Chef. A portion of the proceeds from each sale will benefit organizations that advocate for a cure to Alzheimer’s. Enjoy the recipe for our Vanilla Bean Cranberry Bundt Cake below and delight your own family holiday gathering this season!
Total Yield: 2 Cakes
- 5 cups All-purpose Flour, plus more for flouring the pan
- 4 Oranges Zested and Juiced
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods Scraped
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp AP flour Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ lbs Butter Cut into small dice
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Rum Extract
- 2 Oranges Zested and Juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Low or no fan.
- Grease and flour the Bundt pans. Make sure to get all edges, nooks & crannies.
- Mix together the orange zest and juice, vanilla beans & extract and eggs in a large bowl and set aside. In a smaller bowl, toss the cranberries with 2 tablespoons of the flour and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add the sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining flour and mix to combine. On low speed, slowly add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time and continue to mix until a pea-sized crumble texture is achieved. Turn the speed to medium and slowly stream in the egg/orange mixture until combined. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the cranberry mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pans and smooth out the top.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 20 to 30 minutes, then remove the cake.
- Place on a sheet tray line with parchment.
- In a bowl stir confectioners’ sugar with rum extract & orange juice/zest. Drizzle over cake. Let set, about 15 minutes.