Springtime is upon us! Below are several ways that you can celebrate the season with your senior loved one.
- Spend time outdoors. The sunshine is returning and that means we have ample opportunity to get outside and enjoy nature. Plan a walk with your loved one at a local community park, or for those who are not mobile, open the windows in their home and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine with them. Find a park bench and sit together outside, or eat a meal outdoors.
- Go to the local farmers market. Shop for seasonal produce with your loved one and enjoy a social outing at the same time! Pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers to leave at their home.
- Create an indoor garden. Work with your loved one to create an herb garden that they can use at home.
- Embrace the idea of spring cleaning and support your loved one in cleaning out old boxes or simply tidying their home.
- Invite the birds to visit by setting up a bird feeder at your loved one’s home so they can have fun watching the various types stopping by for a snack.
- Plan a picnic. Invite other friends and family to celebrate the season with a potluck picnic at a local park.
We hope you enjoy time spent with your senior loved one throughout this season.
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, CA, Oakmont Senior Living is an award-winning developer of premier, resort-style senior communities, with communities throughout California and Nevada. Family owned and operated, Oakmont is recognized for quality of craftsmanship and excellence of amenities and services. Oakmont’s impressive enrichment program offers fitness classes, art and music lessons, weekly excursions to museums and live performances, weekly happy hours, and more. Oakmont is dedicated to creating high-quality communities that enhance the world of retirement living and offer peace of mind for families. For more information about Oakmont, visit www.oakmontseniorliving.com.